The MENA pet care industry is booming, with the UAE market set to hit $2B by 2025

20 Jun 2024

The MENA pet care industry is booming, with the UAE market set to hit $2B by 2025

The MENA pet care industry is booming, with the UAE market set to hit $2B by 2025
featured-image-caption

Major retailers like Spinneys UAE and Waitrose & Partners are partnering with for premium products, while Heads Up For Tails, a Singaporean brand, is investing $17M to meet growing demand.
 


 

Petcare brand Heads Up For Tails, which recently entered the international market by opening its first store in Singapore, is eyeing 5 per cent revenue from international waters this fiscal and aims to increase it to 15 per cent by the next fiscal end, Rashi Narang, founder and Samarth Narang, CEO, HUFT told ETRetail.

Going ahead, the brand plans further expand its presence in the international markets by entering Dubai, Nepal, Bangladesh, and Kuwait." 

In Singapore, we will be investing 1 million SGD his fiscal year followed by 750,000 SGD the next fiscal year. And for Dubai, we have earmarked USD 500,000 for this financial year," they stated. 

"Currently, both facilites put together span across 70,000 sq.ft area and are running at more than 70 per cent of the capacity. So we envisage that by the end of this year, we'll be closer to 90-92 per cent of capacity utlisization," they asserted.

At present, private labels of the brand contribute 52 per cent of its revenue, and it is planning to take it to 65-70 per cent in the next 24 months.

In India, the brand operates 93 retail stores and is planning to open 7 more stores by July end.

The brand, which offers 8,000 SKUs online and 2,200 SKUs offline, earns 70 per cent of its revenue from offline stores and the remaining 30 per cent is contributed by online.

Read More
 

Loading

Gold Sponsor

Gold Sponsor | Private Label Middle East

Session Sponsor

HEADLINE MEDIA PARTNERS

OFFICIAL MEDIA PARTNERS

MEDIA PARTNERS